Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Lucky

Did I ever tell you that I am not a “Lucky” person? Well… I’m not. Not really. But please don’t confuse mu use of the term Luck, with being blessed. I have undeniably been very very blessed in my life. But not lucky.


It’s been a long standing joke in our family that if you ever want to win ANYTHING….have Adam enter the contest for you. He always wins. ALWAYS. Lady luck has chosen him as her golden child. The kid is the luckiest person I know.


BUT…every once in awhile, the stars will align, and Lady Luck will smile down on me. I still remember the last time that happened. I was attending my 6th grade end of the year party. The raffler was approaching the last item; a six pack of Mountain Dew. And when the teacher reached his hand into the bucket to pull out a ticket, I heard a voice somewhere inside me confirming to me what I already knew; I would win. And I was certain. I started to the stage to collect my prize before my name was even called. But it WAS called. Just as I knew it would be.


Last week I was checking one of my absolutely, most favorite blogs, EVER…sisterscafe.blogspot.com


(If you haven’t checked it out yet, I highly recommend it. I am not exaggerating in the least when I tell you it has completely changed my life.)


But back to my story….


So I was checking the blog for this weeks weekly menu/grocery shopping prep, and they were sponsoring a give away. A give away that seemed to be right up my alley. It was for a DSLR camera class called “Get Out of Auto Mode”. I almost skipped right over the post when an old feeling came back to me. “You will win”, it whispered. So I entered.


And it was right. I DID win.


So I ran right out and bought a lottery ticket.


But then I realized I never got a “winning” feeling when I purchased my ticket. AND….I had just used up all my luck for the next 15 years or so on the camera class.


I hope it’s worth it! :)



P.S. The lottery drawing was Saturday. I’m not a 180 millionaire. All requests for new cars and shopping sprees will unfortunately be denied.


P.P.S. Hurry on over to The Sisters Cafe and try out these delicious dishes. They are my FAVORITE!!!


1. Crispy Southwest Wraps - (The home made guacamole is TOTALLY worth it. And using lots of fresh cilantro. Seriously…the more the better)


2. Chicken Corn Chowder


3. Honey Lime Enchiladas – I have tried both pork and chicken. They are both great, but shredded pork is my personal favorite


I could post a million more…but we’ll start with these three. Your husbands will thank you!

1 comment:

  1. I think you should put up a million more. Or maybe five. I don't feel like going through their archives but I have printed out these three so far. And a long time ago you linked to me as a photographer you respected...I meant to come say thanks. Can't remember if I did. I almost have another dedicated photo website up and running and then I'll share it with the world :)

    ReplyDelete