Today is my sweet husband's 29th Birthday. He had to be at the hospital early, but came home to us a little after noon. So we had the rest of the day to enjoy each other's company.
I tried to make a surprise birthday cake. But Miles was fussy all morning, so it wasn't much of a surprise since Mike came home when I was up to my elbows in frosting. But it was worth it. Atleast *I* think it was. You can see for yourself.
It dawned on me when I was taking these pictures that this cake MAY be more appropriate for a litte kid. But who cares right???? It tasted delicious!!
For his Birthday dinner he wanted shrimp and vegetable tempura. Seriously???? I don't know where this came from, but apparrently my husband LOVES tempura. Atleast he told me as much (atleast 27 times) while I was was making it tonight. And I will tell you, this is not one dish I will be making again anytime soon. Its partly my fault. Mike wanted tempura. But the Martha Stewart wannabe in me couldn't stop there. I also included home-made egg drop soup, fried rice, a chinese salad, and edamame. I seriously debated about making some california rolls too....but I wised up. All that, combined with the cake and frosting, I think every bowl and dish in my kitchen is dirty. But it was worth it for this.....
This is Mike trying to give me a big smile. He's not exactly fond of me turning my camera on him. Too bad. You think he would have learned by now.
Not only did he get a yummy dinner, and delicious cake and ice cream (rocky road...his favorite), He also got to spend the evening playing his new Zelda game why I did the dishes. LUCKY!!!
Since Mike is now 29, I thought I should list 29 things I love about him. Hold on to your seats folks....it's going to be a long one. If you don't want to read the whole thing, I understand. We can still be friends.
- He's a Great Dad
- He is a great back-rub giver
- He works hard everyday for us, and for our future
- He's so S-M-A-R-T
- He lets me sleep in
- He changes diapers
- and cleans
- and does laundry
- he cracks me *****(Justin was a little concerned about this, and pointed out my typo**** I MEANT to say Mike cracks me up. You know, as in he's funny....He doesn't actually crack me. hahaha :)
- He's so friendly and outgoing and personable. He's taught me a lot in this area
- He's my best friend
- He always makes the calls when we need a sub for our primary class, because he knows I hate doing it.
- He teaches the primary class even when he is having MAJOR allergy attacks
- He stays up late with me when I can't sleep
- he gets up with Miles in the wee hours of the morning when the little guy can't sleep either
- He makes me bubble baths when I've had a hard day
- He eats all the leftovers so I don't have to
- He shares his french fries
- He helps me with whatever I ask
- He lets me leave the hall light on at night
- He always buys my favorite treats at the store
- And he doesn't get mad when I eat all the treats he bought for himself
- he was a big help and support to me while I was getting my Masters Degree
- After I had Miles and got sick (twice) he made lots of late night runs to the store to get ginger-ale and ibuprofen, and pick-up perscriptions. He always takes care of me
- He always puts Miles in the car, takes him out, and carries the carseat around...because it hurts my back
- He's okay with me only working one night a week, so i can stay home with Miles. Even though it means we have no $$$. He's okay "going without."
- He's a great budget keeper. He keeps us on track
- He supports all my "singing ambitions", and encourages me to take any and every opportuntiy to make my dreams a reality.
- He loves me just the way I am
Happy Birthday Mike!!! We love you!