Thursday, February 28, 2008
Okay,the picture doesn't look like much. Just another snapshot of my growing little boy. But, there's more to this picture than meets the eye. You see, before I took this picture I was playing with Miles. The dryer buzzed so I put him on his tummy on the play mat, went and got the clean laundry, and came back. Now.....I don't know if you caught that. So I'll say it again.
I put Miles on his TUMMY. And when I came back, he was looking up at me with those big blue eyes. Somehow, in the 5 seconds I had my eyes off of him, he managed to roll over all by himself. He has done it a few times since, but I have yet to witness it. Except the one time he TRIED to do it in the bathtub. I put a stop to that pretty darn quick.
We have been busy busy busy since we've been home. Mike working, me unpacking and cleaning and mothering and schooling and photographing, and working on a couple new crafty projects. More to come on that later. And Miles has been busy growing.
We went to the Dr. yesterday. Possible ear infection. He now weighs 12 pounds and 9 ounces. He is getting bigger....and his hair is getting longer. And my new favorite thing is to spike it up.
And this is how they usually end. With unhappy, tired, get that camera out of my face and let me go to sleep, baby. But....still great photographing material. :)
I just can't seetm to help myself. Especially now that I have a take one hundred pictures in one second, camera. I just keep snapping and snapping and snapping. (and then I delete, delete, delete) Because, quite frankly, I'm really not that good. Yet.
But here's a question to anyone with pictures stored on their computer. (Yes, that should be just about everyone)
How do you organize them all?????
Now that I have a million +1 photos of Miles taken almost everyday, I need to figure out a system to keep them organized. how do you store them? Do you put them in folders according to the date they were taken? do you categorize them by age? (3 months, 4 months,) etc, or a combo of both? do you just leave all the photos in one huge file? I'm not quite sure what to do, and I would love to know what everyone else does. My messy computer files are driving me nuts.
Okay.....I mentioned a couple crafty projects I am working on. It's a surprise for a couple certain people who may or may not check this blog. So, I'll just give you a sneak peak.
Thats all you get. I think now I will procrastinate the laundry for one more day and work on these a little more. Stay Tuned!
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
- My temple recommend
- fun pink wallet
- 4 check stubs
- 1 debit card (should be put into the pink wallet...but I always feel so rushed at the store, so I just throw it in the never ending bag)
- My Movie watcher card. Entitles me to free treats and discounts on popcorn when I attend my weekly Friday morning Matinee
- 6 old movie stubs
- 4 Drs. reminders cards (all from MONTHS ago)
- 3 pens
- An Express mail receipt from the package I sent to AZ last week
- a baggie of "box top" coupons. I cut them out for Tammy, for her kids preschool.
- Check book
- Car keys
- Key fob for our new home alarm system
- Frequent buyer card for Paradise Bakery. YUM!
- Recipe for Home made Kettle Corn. Double Yum! (but why is it in my purse???)
- Ticket for the St. George parade of homes. going on now. AMAZING stuff to see.
- cell phone. Obviously a necessity
- Childrens tylenol and mylicon
- lipgloss and lipstick
- binkie. couldn't get through the day without a "spare"
- Several old Mcdonalds Monopoly pieces. forgot all about these. too bad they are all expired
- New Coach sunglasses....thanks DAD!
- Doggie pooper picker upper bag....must have for walks with Marlee, since I am such a responsible doggie owner.
And a Few of my most favorite things
I opened these fortunes right after I found out I was pregnant with Miles. I saved them for his baby book....and then ofcourse forgot about them. So cute. Now, I need to put them in his book before I lose them again.
My silver ipod covered in a cute pink case. It goes with me EVERYWHERE...as I am listening to the Twilight Series on it. yeah...who has time to sit and read??? this way, I can listen when I am out and about running errands.
- $10.06 all in change. Note to self....empty change pocket more often
- A 2 GB "memory stick" and a 2GB memory card
- Camera, so I never miss a smile or a moment of my little guy
- Receipts, nail clippers, glasses cleaners, some misc. wrappers and more garbage than I care to admit.
I tag: anyone brave enough to expose their own catch-alls
Friday, February 15, 2008
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Friday, February 8, 2008
- double in size (10 pounds 14 ounces)
- completely living up to his nickname Smiley Miley
- trying his hardest to roll over from his back to his tummy
- sitting up (with just a little bit of help from mom)
- kicking and kicking and kicking and kicking his legs (which are now starting to have the cutest little fat rolls)
- trying to put anything he can in his mouth
- sucking on his pointer fingers
- mostly sleeping through the night
- squeeling and squaking and giggling at just about everything
- eating 6 oz. at a time
- spitting up what seems like 6 0z. at a time (he's gaining weight though, so it must not be that much)
- being "double bibbed" at all times. Yes, he really does spit up that much
- having the best time splashing around in his bath every night
- getting his "real" hair, as oppossed to that soft newborn hair that is falling out
- is BARELY starting to fit into his 0-3 month old clothes
- looking more like his dad everyday
- and unfortunately, getting his 4 month immunizations. (But don't worry. he hardly cried at all)
What a cutie. I know I am just a "little" biased, but I certainly feel lucky to be his mom.
Happy 4 Month Birthday little guy!