Saturday, September 11, 2010

Brrrrrr….

Waking up this morning, the goose bumplies on my legs, combined with the cripsness of the morning air, reminded me of something I’m not quite prepared for. Autumn is just around the corner. And even though this summer seemed to be hotter and humider than the last…I don’t think I’m quite ready for the change of seasons.


(And in case you were wondering, I FULLY support the use of words like bumplies and humider, and believe they should be used as often as possible.)


I apologize to all you English Majors out there.


(But not really)


There is one thing that makes me feel better though, when the thought of raking leaves, and then shoveling snow enters into my mind.


Soup Season!!!


Yes, those two words bring peace to my soul on a cold and blustery day like today. And soups like the Chicken Corn Chowder over at my most FAVORITE cooking blog, The Sisters Cafe always seem to make my days seem a little warmer, and a little brighter.


Remember those meatballs I made? You know…the totally healthy and delicious ones? Well thanks to Family Fun, I can share with you a great (and healthy!) soup to serve them in.


In order to spare you more of my incessant ramblings, I will just do this:


***This is the recipe I sent to my sister. (wise cracks and all). Enjoy!***


Minestrone soup recipe


For printable recipe click: HERE



And if you’ve stuck it out this far…You deserve a reward.


Head on over to www.seeitloveitwinit.blogspot.com and enter to win a fabulous prize. (Today is the last day…so HURRY!)

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I totally forgot to do the giveaway and now it is too late, I will learn from my mistakes and enter right when I see the contest rather than thinking I will do it later. Cute new stuff, I think Santa will have to bring me a few for Christmas. We need to get together soon! I am going to try the meatballs for dinner and am so excited an then it will be soup maybe on Friday! Thanks for all your new fun things.

    ReplyDelete