Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Here's another little "treat"..from oh, about 5 minutes ago.

Mike: Today is my day off, and I have to run around and do all this crap! Like, go to the VA hospital to get finger printed (for his next rotation), take the bike rack back to REI, and go to the school to meet with Dr. Parrack to talk about residencies. Its my day off! I shouldn't have to do anything.

Me: Yeah, being busy on your day off sucks. I wish I could have a "real" day off sometimes.

Mike: Ummm.... well, you do. Everyday is a day off for you.

Seriously???!!!! Hmmmm, well I guess I better get started on my "day off" by finishing about 5 loads of laundry, emptying the dishwaser (for the 2nd time), sweeping and mopping the kitchen floor, Miles needs a diaper change, making the bed, taking out the garbage, grocery shopping, and putting out the pork chops to thaw for dinner, cleaning out and washing my car (I would do Mike's too, but you know, since its my day off....) Whew! If this is my day off, I am not looking forward to the day I actually have to , you know.....Work.

I think right now, instead of doing all these things, I am going to blog a little bit more. After all, it is my day off.

So, I have been working a lot on a school project. I finished all my classes last year. And I have this project I need to finish, but I have been dragging my feet. Well, now I HAVE to finish it, and it is taking up all of my time. I have so many things I want to be doing instead. Here's my list:

1. Scrapbook Miles' milestones. You know, one month, two months, three months....etc. I want to do something like THIS. I know there are lots of sites. Anyone have suggestions? I never bought a traditional "baby book", because I thought doing something like this would be better. Now, I just need to DO it. Or rather, have the time to do it.

2. Finish other crafty projects I have in the works
3. Recover dining room chairs. I finally have the fabric
4. Organize filling cabinet. Get rid of the old, re-label folders, re-order
5. Spring clean: EVERYTHING. Our house needs a "once-over" (or maybe a twice over)
6. Find a place for everything. Even if it means renting a small storage space. We are busting out at the seams here, people.
7. print and hang photos of Miles
8. Take another cake decorating class, and a photography class. I love taking classes.

Just 3 more weeks. My project presentation is April 9th, and then I am a free woman again.

but until then.....Back to the grind-stone.

5 comments:

  1. Sarah! Did you say that to him?? Did you say my day off consists of diapers and laundry and nursing?? Those are good things, but they are NOT day off things! He'll learn, but you will have to teach him. :) Be yoda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will take sometime for Mike to realize how much a "stay at home" Mom really does.
    What project are you working on? I thought you already had your masters, are you going for more?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it...I can so relate. They have no idea how much we really do...from the min we wake up til we finally can fall asleep at night. The list of things that need done never seem to end! And when we do finally lay down to go to bed everything that we just couldn't get to that day runs through our head over and over making us feel like we may never catch up with it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMEN Sister! That's all I have to say! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post cracks me up because it is so true. I think all women can relate and the list is never ending of things we have to do.

    ReplyDelete