Sunday, October 7, 2007

lunch lady land

A funny thing happened at dinner tonight. I trecked down to the cafeteria to get something to eat and it was really busy, which was unusual for a weekend. There was quite a long line, so I got in it and started to wait my turn. It didn't take long for the line to grow behind me.

After a couple minutes a lady standing behind me peered over my shoulder and asked: "What are you having?"

Trying to be friendly I replied "I think I am just going to have a grilled cheese sandwich and french fries....What are you having?"

The lady looked at me, astonished....and then started laughing out loud. And I mean really laughing.

I was completely confused....what was so funny about a grilled cheese?

Finally she was able to say "No, not what are you ordering...What are you HAVING.....The BABY.....is it a boy or a girl?"

Oh.....I quickly responded "It's a boy", grabbed my grilled cheese and left. She's probably still laughing. :)

I guess its pretty obvious where my mind is around dinner time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment