Tuesday, October 2, 2007

progressing....

Well, according to my blog header today, I have 23 more days to go until D-Day. That's what I called it on my home calendar. D-Day (Due Day) ...circled and written in big RED letters. As if I could forget. I feel like I am ENORMOUS. Thinking about getting even bigger over the next three weeks is certainly not appealing to me. But I don't have much of a choice. Even my undies don't fit so swell anymore...(as if you really wanted to know.) But I am NOT buying fat lady underwear. I simply refuse.

Everything is going well so far. I had a Drs appointment last Friday. And without going into too many of the specifics...the baby is head down, and things are "progressing" normally. I am still hoping he comes a little sooner rather than a little later.

I went to human resources today to fill out the paper work for maternity leave. I thought it would be a horrendous, long and drawn out process, but it really wasn't bad at all. It took about 10 minutes start to finish. So for right now, my leave is officially starting October 20. Obviously if the baby comes sooner, my leave will start sooner. All I have to do is call HR and have them change the date on the paper work. But even if the baby comes later...the 20th is it. I'm through working full-time. Wahoo!!!! :) After my 3 months of leave I will start working one day a week. I think I am almost more excited about this than the baby!!! (Okay, not really. But it is one definite perk.) One not so great perk is that we will be broke. but ohwell. I can live with that for a couple more years.

AND....I think we have narrowed down the name selection to 2 different names. But...unfortuantely for you, I am not telling! hahaha. It is just going to have to be a surprise. If you've waited this long, a few more weeks won't hurt. Mike decided on Saturday that the goal for the day was to decide on a name. And about 10 minutes later we had picked 2. So we can check that off the list.

I have my hospital bag all packed. I bought some cute new jammies and a robe and some cute little slipper thingies. I think I'll be the best dressed, pajama clad, new mom at the hospital. And I have my list of things I'm not going to pack just yet, but need to remember to bring. So, as far as that goes, I think I am prepared. If there are any moms out there with suggestions of what to bring, (or not bring) I am definitely open to suggestions. I have scoured the internet and looked at all kinds of check-lists and I've taken the things I thought would be most useful. I know...I am a geek. Actually, I think I"m more like an obsessive planning freak and control freak. But I feel prepared, and that is all that matters.

I have been taking Marlee for long walks everyday. People say long walks are good to help bring on labor... so we'll see. I figure it can't hurt. Anything to get this baby out sooner, I'm all for. If anyone has any other secrets for this, please pass them on!

And one more new thing...Our church ward has been essentially deleted! There was a big meeting on Sunday, and at this big meeting, the first thing they did was release our entire bishopric. So obvoiusly something big was coming. Then the next thing they did was "release anyone holding a calling at this time in the Desert Sky Ward." The Whole WARD!!! So, I am no longer the ward chorister/choir director. (which is actually a relief, not having to find subs for when I have the baby). They announced ward boundary changes, and our ward was divided essentially in half, and grouped into 2 other wards. In other words..there were 3 wards, and now there are 2. The new ward we are in, the Agua Fria Ward, will be nice..with a lot of familiar faces, but I"ll definitely miss the other half of MY ward. I loved my ward. It was the friendliest ward I have ever been in. Following releasing everyone in my ward, they released everyone in the other two wards too! apparrently they wanted the bishoprics to pick people for callings taking into consideration all the new people moving into the ward. I'm glad My husband isn't in the bishopric. I can't imagine having to "start from scratch" for every calling in the ward. And do it within 2 weeks. Yikes! Maybe I"ll get another calling...and Maybe I'll just be able to sit and enjoy all meetings every week. Wouldn't that be nice! :)

Alright well....Thats all the news. I haven't had any pictures for awhile, so I will take some of my ever expanding mid section tomorrow and post those for the whole world to see. And ofcourse, if I get any new baby news...I'll let ya know!

4 comments:

  1. I had stuff gathered, but 'officially' packed my bag (though it seems like there were about 3 bags plus a big ball to sit on...overkill) 2 weeks before the due date. She was due March 18, this would be on March 4 (my birthday!!) I stayed up late getting some scrapbook stuff ready for friends to come over in the morning. I slept on the couch at that point because our bed and my girth weren't friends. 2 hours into sleeping my water broke. Just like on tv. Seriously. Like a balloon popping and a GUSH and almost immediate HOLYCRAP contractions. No gradual buildup. Just better be ready. Within 3.5 hours we had a Lily. We didn't TOUCH a thing in our bags until she was several hours old (besides the camera). Not that I'd suggest not bringing it all. But you never know. Hopefully you go just early enough and really quick! I'd redo that one day over the whole pregnancy anytime!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I am so excited for you! I can't wait to hear the name that you pick! When your prego it feels like this time will never come and that you will be prego forever, but the time is finally here! Let me know if I can do anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take some crossword puzzles or sudoku puzzles in case you are in labor for a while it gives you something to take your mind off of it. oh and no matter what the dr. says, take the drugs, don't let them trick you, drugs are your friend. As for being able to enjoy your church meetings. Enjoy them until the baby is here and then your free time will be gone, and going to church will never be the same!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am excited to hear what name you pick!! And also soooo sad we are not in your ward anymore. It will be an adjustment for me...ah well...I'm sure it will all be great. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete