Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Dads and Golf and Honorable Intentions

I've been talking to my mom. And she says she keeps waiting, and watching, but I haven't updated for a little while.

I know mom, I know.

I have so many stories to tell. And so many pictures to share of my little boy. And, believe it or not, I actually have a few of my OWN thoughts and ideas I wouldn't mind writing down.

But life happens, and giving Miles kisses all day, or reading "Touch and Feel Animal Farm", or practicing my hair spiking skills so my little guy looks handsome, seems to take priority.

I have honorable intentions. Infact, I sat down two nights ago to honor those intentions at last.

I spent an hour and half uploading, and writing, and laughing (at my own witty jokes) and the final result was BRILLIANT I say....Brilliant.

And when I left the blogger page to find some other pictures, and blogger warned me that if I DID leave, my work was unsaved and I would loose it, and when I thought "Oh, what does blogger know anyway.....", and when I left my blogger page, and when my unsaved work really WAS deleted.....

Well, I just didn't have the heart to start over. Turns out my posts, on occassion can be brilliant (in my own, humble opinion ofcourse), but I, myself, am not.

So I'm just going to erase that incident from my memory and start over. And in honor of that new clean slate, and my intentions...This Whole Week (what's left of it anyway) will be dedicated to catching up with my blogging desires.

So Today: Dads and Golf

Two days ago (on Monday, the 3rd) was my Dad's birthday. And for those of you who don't know him, he's pretty darn great. Even though he did scare me, as a little girl, with his monster masks, I still love him.

Why do I love my dad? Well, for instance:
  1. He supported me in and footed the bill for piano lessons for nearly 15 years!! (sorry I never learned to site-read, dad!)
  2. He told me his horse Blaze, was really MY horse, because he bought him the same year I was born. And I believed it until I was about 16.
  3. He always kept me looking good in Wranglers, Boots, and those awesome snap up cowgirl shirts.
  4. When I got sick, he always came home for lunch with popscicles, treats, and those fun paper doll books they used to make.
  5. He paid for me to go to Basketball camp. (Seriously! I went to basketball camp) And he didn't even laugh at me when I told him I wanted to go. That must have been really hard.
  6. And speaking of Basketball, I think he came to almost all of my Junior Jazz Basketball games. (yes. I played Junior Jazz. for TWO Years! I know...I just rocked your world.)
  7. And he always taught me really fun songs to sing about swimming with bare-naked women. (If you must know, I'll e-mail you the lyrics.) :)
  8. I have all kinds of funny sayings and come-backs I always take credit for, even though I stole them from him.
  9. He didn't strangle me when he took me car shopping about 5 times, and offered to buy me probably 20 cars, but I thought they were all "ugly".
  10. Because he got teary-eyed when we told him he would be getting his first grand child
  11. And because he took time off of work (something he NEVER does) to come and stay with us when the baby came. And he helped take care of me when I got sick, and helped take care of Miles, because I couldn't.

So Thanks Dad! You're the best, we love you, and we couldn't have made it through these last few years without you!

Love ya!

Oh...and did I mention my dad loves golf? Well he does. And so do I. At least I love Tiger Woods anyway. I was determined as a teen I would marry him someday. That one didn't work out for me, but Mike and I decided it would be pretty swell if Miles became a professional golfer.

So we decided to start early.



We celebrated a pretty Low-key Halloween. But the highlight? The Costume, ofcourse!



Why do I love Miles' costume?

I'll tell you.
  1. I love the look on complete stranger's faces when they see it. They point, and smile, and say "look at that little boy...he's so CUTE!" And of course I love it.
  2. And then these complete strangers abandon their own costume clad children to come and tell me just how cute he is. And of course, I love it.
  3. And it comes with its own little set of stuffed golf clubs, which Miles carries around with him everywhere.
  4. One word. Knickers
  5. And because he actually kept that hat on almost all night.
  6. It makes me smile
  7. And He makes me smile
  8. And because I bought it on Clearance at a Halloween store for $7



We went to a Halloween carnival at Mike's school. We were too late for the trick-0r-treating, but Miles didn't care. He discovered the balloons, and was in heaven.


Abbie the pirate, Miles the golfer, and Sophie the angel aren't exactly keen on standing still these days. This is about as good as it gets photography wise, when you're working with 3 one year olds.




After the carnival we went to dinner with our friends, and then just went home. We took Miles to the neighbors to show him off a little, where he received his first, and only, halloween treat.
A Tangerine dum-dum

He ate it all. And then he ate part of the paper stick it came on.


If anyone sees a two-year-old sized golfer costume for next year, let me know. :)
And tomorrow? We'll catch up on Traditional Fall Activities



2 comments:

  1. That costume is TOO cute!! Miles is such a cutie!
    Just wanted to drop you a quick thanks for the incredible blanket and fun baby stuff you sent.... LOVE THEM!! I get compliments on them everywhere I go and of course do NOT take credit for them.

    Thanks again for the kind thought and wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miles looks so cute! I love his costume! What a doll! He is growing up way too fast, he keeps looking older in the pictures you post!

    ReplyDelete