Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Ruminations

I've just nestled myself down into my favorite corner of my comfy sofa with a cup of steamy hot chocolate (extra marshmallows, please!)and my trusty old laptop. It's a little after 1 am, which for me, means I am just getting my second wind. This is my favorite time of the day. When I can sit. Quietly. And just think. Usually I let those thoughts swirl around in my brain until they have formulated themselves into something I wouldn't be completely embarrassed to share on this blog. Usually.

Maybe you noticed I have been relatively absent from blog land as of late. True,there WAS my shameful plug for free Christmas cards and an Elf Yourself video. But other than those two gems, my musings have been completely void of any real substance.

Yes, It's been awhile. Perhaps you considered the possibility that I haven't been writing because I simply had nothing to say. Or maybe you figured it was because I had no thoughts to share. But ACTUALLY...it's the opposite that is true. There have been so many ruminations going on inside this head of mine, that I had no idea where to start.

And if I am being completely honest, I have to admit that the last several weeks have been really difficult. Really. Honestly. Sometimes life is hard. But sometimes life is pretty darn great too. And I want to write about it all.

So the dilemma. Where to start?

Do I tell you about my Christmas? Maybe about how I was really apprehensive about spending our very first Christmas alone...as in with absolutely no family within 1000 miles. But that ACTUALLY...it turned out to be my most favorite, and very.best.Christmas.ever. EVER!!! (Sorry all you other Christmases) And I'll be had pressed to ever be swayed to go "home" for Christmas again.

Or should I tell you about my job. My job that I Hated (with a capital H, no less). The job I only got because I made a deal...and that deal wasn't exactly providing the desired results. And I could tell you that I was miserable and completely out of whack, and felt everyday like I was failing at everything I tried to do. Oh yes...those days were some real doosies.

ORRRRRR...I could write about motherhood. I could tell you that the same miserable job solidified for me what I already knew...that my calling as a mother is divine. That there is no greater work I will ever do than the work I do in my own home with my family. And that despite my occasional grumblings...I really do LOVE it.

And oh...there's so much more. But what to share.....

That is the million dollar question.

And then it dawned on me...I can write about it all. It is my blog, after all.

So that's what I intend to do. hold on to your seats folks...now that I've started typing...I'm not sure I'll be able to stop.

2 comments:

  1. Sarah,
    I just love to read your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo! goodie! you are one of my favorite reads...
    and favorite carpool to dance buddy, and singing buddy and....etc...
    ~selina

    ReplyDelete