Wednesday, June 13, 2007

sort of annoying


Ha! this picture I saw today cracked me up. Maybe its not as funny to people who aren't pregnant, but I have recently discovered there are so many annoying things people do to you when you are pregnant. First...lets start with the questions people ask.


I really should make a top ten list of questions people ask me. But here are the most common so far...just for the fun of it.

1. How much weight have you gained?

  • I literally walked into work yesterday and a gentleman I work with (who shall remain nameless) yells out "So Sarah, what's your weight up to now? Have you been gaining any? I can see your belly!" Thank you for that. Why is it okay to ask a pregnant person how much they weigh? I try to take it in stride, but seriously.....

2. Can I touch your belly?

  • Simple answer. No! I could go on and on about this question. But lets be realistic. If I know you, and you are a close friend or family member, sure...Rub the buddah belly as much as you want. But to anyone else... please refrain yourself! What is it about a big pregnant belly that just makes complete strangers want to reach out and touch it??? Besides, my belly isn't that big yet. And if you put your hands on it you come awfully close to my "you know what" parts. And that is definitely akward.

3. How are you feeling?

  • I have realized there is a big difference in the questions "Hey, how are you doing?" and "How are you feeling?" In and of itself, its not really an annoying question. Perhaps it just becomes slightly annoying because you are asked this question every single day by every single person who knows you are expecting. I think asking ANYONE a question that much would just get old. And in case you are wondering, I'm just fine. :)

so, those are the top three. Now, I'm still a little small in the belly area, so people always ask me "are you sure you're pregnant", and "where's your bump?".

One lady went as far as to ask me if I was sure the baby was still ALIVE...because I was too small to have a GROWING baby. seriously.

I could go on and on, but I'm feeling much better now that I have vented all these little tidbits. So, for now I am just going to be grateful. But if I get anymore annoying/wierd or stupid questions, I will be sure to let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment