Thursday, August 2, 2007

Not much is happening here in the Romer Family. Mike finally made it back from his rotation in Panguitch....Barely. He was driving home last Thursday when he called me at work around 5:00 and said his car had broken down about an hour outside of Flagstaff. (Flagstaff is about 2 hours north of Phoenix). So I had to call a tow truck to go get him, haul him to Flag, drop his car off at a subaru dealer and find a cheap, crappy hotel for the night. I was glad he was OK, but so disappointed I was going to have to wait one more day to see him!

Well, turns out it was his oxygen sensor, or airflow sensor....whatever that is. BUT the subaru dealer didn't have the part. So I spent my day off on Friday driving to Scottsdale to pick up a part, then driving it another 2 hours to the dealership so they could fix his car. THEN driving another 3.5 hours home. There was construction about 20 miles north of our house, and we were caught on the freeway an extra hour and a half. Whew! what a weekend.

We have been looking at selling Mike's car and getting something a little bigger for me when the baby comes. After this whole experience, I am insisting on getting a NEW car, that is not going to break down, and has a WARRANTY!!! I really want one of THESE.
I will be in Utah the weekend of Aug 17th, and I am trying to talk my husband into letting me buy one while I am there, because the sales tax is less in Utah than in Phoenix. and I ALMOST have him convinced. So we'll see.

On the baby front, I have decided that I am ready to be skinny again. I know, I know, I still have almost 3 months to go....but for crying out loud....I just want to put on a pair of nice jeans that FIT! My baby ticker at the top of the blog reminded me though that there is less than 90 days to go. SCARY!! I think me and Mike are swithing roles a little bit now. Now HE is the one who is excited and I am the one who is freaking out. I think I might go to one of those 4D ultrasound places in the next couple of weeks, just for fun. I think they are so cool!

We still haven't picked out a name. Mike is still set on Andre. I have no idea why. I hate it. The other names we have thought of are Cole (liking this one less and less) and Ty (liking this one more and more). But there isn't anything that I have thought "aha! that's the one." Maybe when he's here, it will be easier.

And just for fun, a couple pics from Bear Lake.

This is Mike on the wakeboard. I think he just didn't want me to ride on the wakeboard because I can get WAY higher than him. :)

Me and Rachel on the tube going about 5 mph. I know, not a very flattering picture of myself but hey, atleast we were having fun.

And last but not least, ADAM.....what a charachter.


  1. So glad that everything went OK and that Mike is now home. Sucks about your car :( At last some pictures of Bear Lake, but I wanted to see pictures of you in a bathing suite. If you wouldn't had put who it was under the picture of Adam I would have said it was Ben. Wow his is grown up and what is it with the blonde hair?

  2. I would say we were going more along the lines of 6 miles per hour. I am glad you posted those!

  3. hi girl! I haven't done the blog thing for a while. It's good to be back. :) Love the pictures. Glad your husband is home!